Thursday, December 13, 2007

God Only Helps Those That Help Themselves

Saw this quote on a T-Shirt the other day,


God only helps those that help themselves...


What the hell?!?! If people can help themselves, they wouldn't need God's help right? Duh... Its akin to saying,"Hey! Lets donate money to the rich!" And since the people that help themselves don't need God's help and God is unwilling to help people that don't help themselves, does that mean that there isn't much for God to do? If you ask me, someone's goofing off at work! (Not me! Honest!)

Sometimes I just can't comprehend all these Christian-ish, God-dy God-dy, I-am-the-Almighty-One sayings. They just don't make much sense to me. Thats about all the ranting I have for now. Allah Ackbar!

P.S. I certainly hope I don't come off as anti-Christianity in this post. It couldn't be further from the truth. I'm anti-religion. Yeah, I'm one of those 80s, whatever that means...

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

First good post!

12:50 PM  
Blogger Thengz said...

What do you mean by first good post?!?!?! I resent that!

I strive to make terrible posts only. This being a good post will spoil my continuous streak of 207 terrible posts. So take whatever you've commented back!

11:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You Misunderstood the statement. it's like needing 2 hands to clap. If God wants to Help but the other party is not receiving. the latter is not gonna benefit @ all. It' like if i want to give u a million dollars, but u dun want to receive it then U not gonna enjoy it rite?

2:06 PM  
Blogger W said...

anonymous 2 spelt god with a capital G! and he replied to u so seriously.

are u sure he is ur friend?

6:12 PM  
Blogger Thengz said...

Probably not. If anyone takes me seriously, he can't be a friend.

He even spelt misunderstood with a capital M!

10:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home