Wednesday, August 10, 2005

I before E except after C

Current Song in Head: Tears and Rain, James Blunt

I'm sure all of you are familiar with iPod. Some of you might even have heard of the iPamper massage thingee. Ok, we all know that these gadgets are pretty cool and new, BUT, my question to you all is, when did the letter 'i' overtook the letter 'e' in the technology front?!?!

It wasn't too long ago when anything worth its salt would have to have an 'e' at the beginning. eCommerce, eBay, E-Z link and E-Zone to name a few. But it seems like in recent years, the letter 'e' has been replaced by 'i'. Darn, I'm beginning to sound like one of the characters on Sesame Street. Today's show was brought to you by the alphabet 'e', 'i' and the number 4...

Ok, back to the topic in hand. Practically out of every 5 new electronic product that hits the market, one of them have an 'i' in the beginning of the product's name. My gripe here is, WHY MUST THERE BE A FRIGGIN' I?!?!

Of course if there wasn't an 'i' in front of iPod it would sound weird, but that doesn't mean they can't use a more interesting product name...

And when they are done with the alphabet 'i', would they be tossing it into the rubbish can like poor old 'e'? Wonder what the next 'in' alphabet would be. Perharps its 'f'? And the latest product, an instant noodle would be called fMee... Haha...

2 Comments:

Blogger W said...

and dun forget George Bush's I raq.

3:28 AM  
Blogger Thengz said...

Hmmm... Maybe this 'i' thing all started with George Bush. Personally, I call Iraq, e-ruck... I'm still stuck in an ancient era...

3:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home