Friday, November 11, 2005

Singapore Under Terrorist Threat?

Current Song in Head: Wonderwall, Oasis

You know that the terrorist threat is getting a little out of hand when you are in an MRT train and the train stops at the station for 5 minutes without moving and the first thought that comes to your mind is that there is a bomb on the train. Yep, that happened to me today. Instead of assuming that some kid have fallen on to the track while trying to pick up his teddy bear, the first thought on my head is that the person standing in front of me is carrying a bag full of bomb.

But the good thing is, you know that Singaporeans are a brave bunch who won't succumb to the pressure of the terrorist threat when you see that the public transport system is still packed with people. Either that or most of us still can't afford a car or don't know much about the terrorist threat. Ignorance is certainly bliss.

Back to the events of today. I was travelling from my office (Inner Mongolia) to Orchard (Centre of the Universe) when the train took a 5 minutes plus pit stop at Tanjong Pagar Station. Before long, there are murmurs of a possible bomb threat among the passengers. Of course these are just speculations.

After the train continued on its journey, I alighted at City Hall MRT to make my transfer. This is when I saw one of the MRT staff going into one of the train cabin that I was about to board and she seems to be looking for something. Obviously my first thought is that the staff is looking for a bomb. Wow, how exciting...

But hang on,'Doors are closing....Beep...Beep...Beep...' And everyone just rushed into the train. Who gives a hoot if there is a bomb or not? I need to get to my destination. Die then die lor. Haha...

Ok, in the end, I don't think there is any explosion or bomb for that matter, but this incident sure made my day a little bit more interesting.

On a side note, I'm sure all of you have heard this announcement when you're on the train:"........If you see any suspicious article, please call 999....." What kind of articles are they referring to? Newspaper articles? I've seen lots of suspicious ones. A few years back there was one about Iraq having nuclear weapons. Or the one about Chelski signing Steven Gerrard. And any article regarding Mr George Bush is bloody suspicious to me!

2 Comments:

Blogger hooeyphooey said...

Somehow cant imagine you jostling with the rest to get in the train. Hiaks

1:03 AM  
Blogger Thengz said...

For the umpteenth time, I DO TAKE PUBLIC TRANSPORT! !@#$!@%$!%!@@#$%!!!!!

1:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home