Tuesday, March 07, 2006

I Need A Holiday

Just saw Scruffy Ruffy's post on his trip to Ko Samui with Hooey. Darn, makes me want to go on a holiday too. Sandy shores (NOT Pattaya), sunny beach (NOT Pattaya), salty air (NOT Pattaya).

Not sure if its a coincidence or not, but then I came across the word 'Maldives' while checking my bank's website. Apparently they have a contest and the top prize is a trip to Maldives for 2. And suddenly, I have the urge to go to the Maldives.

Went and check out the price to go to the Maldives, and suddenly (again), the urge is gone. Hotel room at Maldives during off season: US$100, air tickets: S$430. Which basically means if I'm staying there for 4 nights with my Little Princess, the total price would be 430x2 + 100x1.6x4 = S$1,500. And thats before the airport taxes and what not. Crap.

My secondary school classmate Lam, suggested the cheaper alternative: Batam. Only draw back is, there are so many Singaporeans there, its practically like East Coast. Haha... Sigh... I need a holiday... Must go to one after I come back from Panama. Oh yes, I'm finally going Panama on this Saturday. For one entire month. A tad too much for my liking. Double Sigh...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home