Thursday, May 15, 2008

Funerals and Death

Hello my wonderful fans! Yep! All of 2 of you! =)

Ok, I think I have made you guys starve enough, here's short post to fill you up. What better why to re-start writing than a post about funerals!

Firstly, I'll like to announce, I don't do well at funerals, either that, or funerals don't do well with me. Yeah, funerals can't handle my inane sense of humour (or any humour for that matter).

Just the other day, I went to a funeral with my Little Princess. The grandmother of her friend have passed away. Knowing how sensitive people are during funerals and knowing how insensitive I am in general, my girlfriend was obviously afraid whenever I opened my mouth during the conversation with her friend. Well, she needn't have worried, I was in my best behavior (kind of).

Anyway, after the wedding funeral, I asked her,"Just now you were worried I would say something stupid right?"

"Yes," was her reply.

"Well, if you were worried, you can't imagine how worried I was. For every sentence that you thought I could come out with a crappy/insensitive/inane remark, there were actually 20 other sentences before that which I had something crappy/insensitive/inane to say. And I had to stuff it alllllllllll of that in."

Yep, I definitely don't do well at funerals. Can't be myself. Can't say stupid stuff without giving a shite. Tsk... Tsk...

If you ask me, people should loosen up during a funeral. Hell man, for those of you that are believers of the Father of Jesus Christ (Superstar), your recently departed relative/friend/pet chihuahua have just gone to a better place. He is with the Almighty one now. He's at a happier place. For those of you who are Muslim, your recently departed relative/friend/Siamese cat (Muslims can't have dogs) have just joined Allah. And depending on how he/she/it died, he/she/it could well have seven virgins with him/her/it now. And for those 80s (read: atheist) your recently departed relative/friend/fighting fish don't have to stand the sight of you again. Either way, its good for the deceased.

Speaking of death, just the other day, I was listening to BBC. They were interviewing this 90 years old plus woman. She may be old, but she certainly have loads of interesting thoughts. When question about whether she is afraid of death, her reply was simple, she isn't afraid of death but rather, she's afraid of dying slower. Nice, pretty much the same for me.

Secondly, this woman, she's an atheist (i.e. don't give two hoots about religion). So when the interviewer asked her, doesn't it scare her that after death, thats the end of it all, there is nothing to look forward to, etc. She gave another great response: She would be very much more afraid that if there
is something after death. Imagine, all the things that you would have to do for eternity, all because there is something after death. Man.... She speaks the truth! Sheesh... I sure as heaven hell wish that it all ends after death, this life is long enough as it is!

And finally, I might have said this before, something I just don't get: Why do people keep saying: Life is short. Dammit, life is the longest thing you'll ever experience! So don't go out and play hard! Work hard instead! =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home