Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Cool Interior Designs!

Current Song in Head: The song from the website I'm introducing in this post.

As some of you may already know, my house is going to be 'renovated' soon. Thats what my parents call it, renovation. But from the type of works that is going to be done, I'll rather call it a repair. Difference being, only the damaged parts of the house are going to be changed.

Ok, I'm being a little harsh here, cause a few walls are going to be knocked down too. But other than that, there isn't much renovation done. Even the rooms where extensions are being made won't have a change in the room's floor tile. This really bugs me, cause it means that half the room would have tiles circa 1985 and the other half circa 2005. Thank goodness I managed to solve that problem for my room. The extended part of the room would be having Parquet, thus giving it a distinct contrast from the currently existing white floor tiles. Boy, I'm really please with actually being able to think of this idea.

Back to the case in point. Since my house is going to be 'renovated', I've been on a look out for ideas that i can implement in my new room. I've been to Ikea and various furniture shops. Even one that customises cupboards to your own needs. I've borrowed various interior design books. All this with the hope that I'll be able to make a nice room which I actually want to go home to. Obviously my father's money saving mentality isn't helping. He doesn't want to change a 20 year old fridge, what chance do I have in changing a 9 years old bed? But I'm not going to be deterred.

Besides getting ideas from books, I'm also checking out various websites. Here's one that really looks impressive. And best of all, its a Flash MX based website (my FYP was done using Flash, but it isn't even a quarter times as good). http://www.whitecorps.com/whitespaceliving/index.htm This is actually an interior design firm, explains why everything in there is so cool. Check out the menu cursor! It moves with your mouse cursor! And look at how the picture slides across the screen! Cool! I can probably do something like that if I actually invest some time into it. Haha...

Alrighty, going to check out the website more, though the song is really getting irritating...

1 Comments:

Blogger hooeyphooey said...

Economically speaking, i'm more interested in ur blog's banner.How did u do it?even with the comic Font!!!

11:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home