Thursday, October 06, 2005

My Sad Lunch Life...

Current Song in Head: Sound of Silence, Simon and Garfunkel

After nearly 2 months at my current job, I've more than realised that food really is very important for my sad existence. I've always knew that my weakness is food, but this job really showed how much I live for it.

Another week of boring fried rice and hor fun is another week for me to curse my fortunes. The area where I work at has only 2 pathetic canteens, each with only one stall. And one of them gives measely amount of food. So basically, I'm down to only one pathetic stall that sells the occasional decent ba kut teh.

My little princess has made me realised today that I'm rather selective in the food I have. Not selective as in picky, but more like selective as in having lots of choices. During my days in University I never did liked eating at the same place more than once a week. Even during my 6 months industrial attachment, I still have a selection of places to eat at. This despite, or perharps, because I was working near a Distri and Industrial Park.

But the 'Sector' I'm currently at is a totally different planet. I have the exciting choice of either fried rice, hor fun or veg rice. Bloody 'ell... Don't know how I'm going to survive this...

The best week I had in terms of food in this job so far was the week where I attended a course at Tiong Bahru Plaza. That really made me feel like I was working at a civilized world again. Sigh... If only my office was somewhere central...

This seems like a rather whiney post but I really got to spit all this out. Can't wait for my holiday to Thailand to come sooner. Yep, I'm going Bangkok and Pattaya at the end of this month. So what if terrorism is on the rise again? Bugger those suicide bombing nincompoops...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How about packing lunch?? Ask your maid to do it..lol. Or Take bus out to Jurong Point to Eat proper fOOd?

3:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home