Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Yawn... Whats new? Its just another New Year.

Current Phrase in Head: 'Where is my son Akeem?!?!' - King Jeffery Joffer II Ruler of Zamunda from Coming to America

Another 365 days, another year has gone. 2005 certainly has been one of the more defining years in my short existence. I'm finally done with 'studying', and have found a 'job' and am 'working' in a 'listed company'. Wow, thats alot of open inverted commas.

The past 6 months have certainly gone by pretty quick and I must say it hasn't turned out to be anything like I thought. As a matter of fact, I think its pretty difficult for things to turn out the way you think it would be when you don't think at all. Haha. Thats a mouthful.

This is the part where I should get all sentimental and weepy. Maybe lament about what could have been or what should have been in 2005. Blah... But I'm a busy man, I've got lots of crap to spew, no time for serious stuff. Hehe... And nope, I'm not going to tell you what my New Year 'resolutions' are, cause I haven't got any. Or rather, I disguise my New Year Resolutions pretty well...

Instead, I shall bore you with the things that I am looking forward to in 2006!

1. World Cup 2006!

What else? Any male that does not look forward to this seriously has issues. You might want to check on his, erm, 'manhood'. All the greatest footballers of our generation and some of the worst footballers/thugs/rugby players/hooligans are gonna be in Germany this summer. Its going to be an entire month of late nights and football matches. Cool... I'm already drooling with anticipation as I type this.

2. 'Business' Trip to Panama

A man, a plan, a canal, Panama! For those of you that aren't in touch with me/don't know who I am/don't give a shite, I'll be off to Panama for about 2 months from late February onwards. Wow. Panama. How many of you even know where that is? For your information, Panama is in Central America and the famous Panama Canal that links the Pacific Ocean to the Atlantic Ocean is there. OK, enough of the geography class. I'll be in Panama for work, so I guess it won't be all fun and games, but I sure hope I can squeeze out some time to go snap pictures all over Panama City!

3. New Room!

This shouldn't be too long a wait. I should be able to move into my newly renovated room in a few weeks time and it'll be bye bye to the small and cramp room that I'm currently staying in. And for once, my room would be one of the nicer room in the house. Yep, I'm gonna get a room that is bigger than my maid's room!

4. In-line Skating

I've probably blabbed enough about in-line skating in my previous posts. But I still can't wait for the next time I hit East Coast Park. Now that I have a pair of fitness skates and a pair of free skates, I'll probably get one of those ankle breaking speed skates at the end of 2006.

5. Board/Card Games!

Just picked up a latest craze. I've began playing board games and card games with some friends. Childish it may sound, but hey, I've probably reached my mental peak during my second year of university. Guess its only right that I degenerate from irresponsible university student who loves blading to an irresponsible working adult who loves playing board games.

I'm currently the proud owner/co-owner of the following games.

  1. Gloom
  2. I'm the Boss
  3. Landlord
  4. Giza
  5. Risk
  6. Guillotine

If anyone decides that they wish to go to Settlers Cafe for some fun with friends, do check with me first, I might have the game that you want to play. I don't have the fish and chips or calamari though.

6. Liking my job!

Haha. Of course its a joke. Alright, I'll try to like my work but if that doesn't 'work out', I can't wait to find a job I like instead. But first, there is the Panama visit (see point number 2).

Alrighty, thats all to my list of things to look forward to in 2006. Until next time, a-badi, a-badi, thats all folks!



1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you are one sad individual. you even got a maid.. rock on, dude!

9:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home