Monday, June 19, 2006

A Piece of Singapore History

I've struck gold this time. Or maybe i should say, I've struck a dime this time. I was looking at some of my coins just now and look what I found...


Ok, its just a pathetic 10 cents coin right? Wrong! Take a closer look. Its a Singapore 10 cents coin minted way back in 1968! Which means that it is a whopping 9 and a half World Cups old! It has seen Neil Armstrong walk on the moon! It was around when Hotel New World collapsed! It was around for both Woodstock! Hell, it was around when the Beatles mop hairstyle was cool, when bell bottoms are the way to go. It was around when the 80s shoulder pad thing was in vogue. Jeez... The list could go on forever.

And now, anyone of you can own a part of history. I'm willing to part with my find for a paltry sum of 300 bucks. Any takers? 300 bucks for a dime? Thats one hell of a bargain!

Alrighty, now its time for me to start looking for that elusive 1964 Singapore minted coin....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home