Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Absolutely Hilarious...

I was busy compiling a User Manual in my Hong Kong apartment. And suddenly there is call on the mobile. Its a local (Hong Kong) number, expecting it to be a colleague calling from the Airport, I picked it up.

Before I even had a chance to say 'hello', the lady on the other end began chattering none stop in Cantonese, presumably trying to sell a product. I let this go on for about 30 seconds before I interrupted her, "Sorry, I don't know Cantonese."

Immediately, she bade her farewell in Cantonese and hung up. Hahahaha! Now I know how to handle sales call back in Singapore. The next time somebody calls me to push a sale, I shall reply with a thick German/Spanish/Italian accent and say that I don't speak Mandarin/English/Malay/Tamil. Haha!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home