Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Shredders and Millipedes

A fellow blogger was blogging about her experience with a shredder and I thought I'll share with you fellas one of my experience. My army mates would attest for the following incident.

During my NS, my camp had lots of millipedes. So much so that for every 5m that I walked, there would be 1 millipede spotted.

So my campmates and I, being bored buggers that we are, thought of various ways to 'exterminate' them. A little like the Nazi's Final Solution to the Jewish Problem. I know that killing anything is against Buddhist teachings and any kind of teachings for that matter but we were really god damn bored and we were promised that there would be action when you join the army.

And so, one day, when i was using a shredder, an idea came to me. Absolute genius, i thought. I took a piece of paper and placed a millipede on it, and starter the shredder running.

The result certainly was not pretty, but at least the paper did not jam! Ok, in case you fellas want to know what the end result is just read the next paragraph, sorry I don't have any photos to post. For the weak hearted, just stop reading this blog altogether and maybe lodge a complain to SPCA.

Anyway the end result is a slightly mushy brown coloured paper shreds. My guess is, if I increase the millipedes to paper ratio, it would, technically, generate more mushy brown coloured paper shreds. (You don't say!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home